Tuesday, February 23, 2010

LDS Storymakers



At the conference I went to last year (Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers), one of the authors (now I can't remember which one) told us that if we each don't write our books, no one else will. I think that is totally true. We each have stories to tell and do it in very different ways from each other. If we don't write that story, no one else will. If any of you reading this have ever wanted to write a book, I say DO IT!! Going to a conference is one of the best ways to get started because you can learn so much about the publishing process as well as the actual writing process.

This year I'm going to the LDS Storymakers Conference in Provo. It's only two days (which will be much easier than a whole week. This year I really can't do a whole week.) and the workshops are going to be awesome! It's for people writing books of any genre, and for publication anywhere, not just LDS markets. If you are an aspiring writer like me, check it out. GO! Seriously. It's totally worth it. No one else will write your story. Let me know if you want to come with me :)

No comments: