Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I heart Shannon


So last year I read Princess Academy, which I LOVED. Shannon Hale has now written two adult fiction novels which I love even more. I just love her writing style and voice. They are so unique and I just feel like I get her sense of humor. In The Actor and the Housewife she even used my favorite phrase: For the love of all that is holy! I mean, I KNOW I didn't coin that phrase, but when I saw it in her book, I thought we must be (as Anne Shirley would say) kindred spirits. I wonder if Shannon Hale has a best friend. Do you think she would be weirded out if I called her and asked if I could be her best friend? Or maybe I could write a letter. Oh, a letter would be perfect! This is what I would write:     

Dear Shannon Hale:

I am your biggest fan. I haven't written a fan letter since I was ten and wrote to Mariah Carey, so you have to know that I'm serious about this. I love your books. All of them! Ok, that's a lie. I haven't read them ALL yet, but when I do, I just know that I will love them ALL! So, you live in Salt Lake, huh? Guess what! SO DO I!!! We should totally be best friends! (If you're willing to overlook the fact that I use exclamation points WAY too much, that is.) 

Call me! love ya!

Megs

5 comments:

Tiff said...

I couldn't agree more! Shannon is definitely one of my favorite authors! You need to read the Goose Girl series next - probably my favorite of hers!

P.S. I use exclamation points way to much too!!! :) It just means we are happy people!

Dennis Family said...

I love my exclamation points as well!!!! The only book of hers that I have read in Goose Girl...I loved that! I keep thinking I need to read Princess Academy (off your recomendation) but just haven't yet...what can I say, I'm reading books about dragons!

Maegan said...

Goose Girl- favorite
Princess Academy- next fav
Austenland- made me wonder where I would fit in!

I also feel a kindred spirit connection to Shannon after hearing that phrase. I love it! I am taking the recommendation and will be ordering Actor and Housewife.

Brooke said...

I seriously get a warm feeling in my heart when I see her name. Me and Goose Girl are bound forever. LOVE HER!!!

Camille said...

Get out of town! She lives in Salt Lake? We should all do lunch. I finally read The Goose Girl and I loved it. I am so excited to read more of her books.